A fresh breath and white teeth are part of a healthy smile and long life.
Take care of your oral health by visiting our hygienist regularly. Allow one hour for your first visit for most adults.
Our dental hygienist offers:
- A detailed diagnostic assessment for periodontal disease, including evaluation of pocketing, bleeding and bone loss. Results are collated on computerized charts for comparison with earlier results, allowing disease progression to be tracked.
- Therapeutic treatment including scaling, root planning, antibiotic pocket therapy and reattachment procedures.
- Preventative maintenance for adults and children through our continuing periodontal care programme.
- Fluoride treatments to remineralise teeth and aid in decay resistance.
- A wide range of prevention aids, such as brushes, floss, gels, mouthwashes.
- Regular reminders and ongoing support and encouragement.
- Decay risk assessment profiling.
Significant Health Implications
Research now shows a clear link between periodontal disease and the following medical conditions. In many cases serious consequences can arise in at risk patients with periodontal disease. These include:
- cardiovascular disease risk, with increased risk of stroke and heart attack.
- premature birth with low birth weight babies.
- uncontrolled diabetes in adult diabetics.
- increased risk of pneumonia, particularly in elderly patients.