HITEC City (Hyderabad Information Technology Engineering Consultancy City) is India’s largest Information Technology park and hosts corporations such as Microsoft, General Electric, Oracle, Dell and UBS.
Located 20km from the center of Hyderabad and spanning the following areas around Hyderabad: Madhapur, Gachibowli, Nanakramguda and Vatingunapally, HITEC City is a 67 acre zone, offering 5 million sq.ft. of office space for an anticipated 75,000 IT professionals.
The park is a joint venture between Indian engineering giant Larsen & Toubro Limited (which owns 89 percent of the project) and the Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation Limited (owns 11 percent).
To further develop the IT infrastructure of Hyderabad the Andhra Pradesh government has designated 5,000 acres (20 km²) around HITEC City as “Cyberabad”.
HITEC City comprises of the following major areas:
- Cyber Towers – Phase IThe Cyber Towers is the phase one of HITEC City, major corporate names such as Microsoft, Oracle and GE Capital operate offshore development facilities or call centers in this four-quadrant, 10-story tower.
- Cyber Gateway – Phase IIThe Cyber Gateway is the phase-II of HITEC City, it offers over 866,000 ft² (80,500 m²) of office space spread across 8 acres (32,000 m²) of land. The Cyber Gateway is a special facility designed for ITES (Information Technology Enabled Services) and BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) services with multiple redundancies for connectivity and power. Large offshore processing operations operate out of this building including Dell, General Electric and Capitol Records.
- Cyber Pearl – Phase III of HITEC City
- The V – An Ascendas IT Park
- Raheja I.T. Park
- Residential area in which IT professionals may live
- Several campuses by IT majors and MNC companies
- Novotel Hyderabad
- Hyderabad International Convention Center
- HITEX Exhibition CenterHyderabad International Trade Expositions Limited (HITEX) is a venue for international exhibitions, conferences, trade shows and corporate events in India. This facility spreads over nearly 100 acres (400,000 m²).
- CII – Sohrabji Godrej Green Business CenterThe Green Business Centre (GBC), has an area of 5 acres (20,000 m²) near HITEC City. The GBC has become the basis of an ongoing partnership with the Phillips Eco-Enterprise Center (PEEC), a project of the Green Institute.
- Shilpakala Vedika
- Mindspace IT Park
- RMZ Futura IT Park
Some companies have opened purpose built facilities in and around HITEC city. These include:
- Computer Maintenance Corporation (CMC) Campus
- Convergys Campus
- DELL Campus
- CyberCity I.T. Campus
- E-Park I.T. Campus (Currently leased by TCS)
- Franklin Templeton campus
- HSBC Campus
- Kanbay Campus
- Infosys Campus
- Infotech Enterprises Campus
- Microsoft Campus
- Motorola Campus
- Oracle Campus
- Polaris Campus
- Satyam Cyber Space Campus
- Sierra Atlantic Campus
- Soft Sol Campus
- SQL Star International Campus
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Campus (Deccan Park)
- ValueLabs Campus
- VSNL campus
- WIPRO Campus (Before Cyber Towers)
- WIPRO Campus (Manikonda)
- Raheja I.T. Park